Product Design, Sports Design
The goal for the design was pretty simple- to create something unique enough to represent Adley as a person while staying within OSU brand guidelines. After meeting with Adley to brainstorm ideas and understand his story, it was obvious that he was more concerned with using elements to represent his team and his family than to represent himself. The final product pays homage to his family, OSU Baseball's history, and the current OSU team. The sleek, minimal design mirrors Adley's personality- he's an intense competitor, a class act, and every bit as humble as he is talented.
I was contacted by the OSU Baseball staff to design a helmet for their catcher, Adley Rutschman. Adley was drafted #1 overall by the Baltimore Orioles in the 2019 MLB draft, he's a College World Series champion and MVP.
- Colossians 3:23 / Favorite bible verse
- 35 / Jersey number
- Beaver logo
- OR outline with a star over Sherwood, Adley's hometown
- 1907 / Year baseball came to Oregon State University.
- Pac 12 / Oregon State's conference.
- 2018 National Champions Logo
- Together / team motto
- "AR 71, 82, 84, 86, 98, 18". This represents his grandpa and role model, Ad Rutschman. Ad won national championships coaching at Linfield in 1971, 1982, 1984 and 1986, was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1998, and Adley won a championship in 2018. Both of their initials are AR, so this element represents their combined championships.